World Karaoke Grand Prix Cosplay 2016
Here we come!! It's your time to shine!!!
If you are a Karaoke and Cosplay lover, you should enter the WKG!!
The candidate must fill out the entry form below. Then, the committee will select the finalists for WKG2016.
Originated in Japan in the 1970s, Karaoke has exploded in popularity not only in Japan but around the world as a fun pass time. Being the birthplace of Karaoke, Japan has been called a karaoke sanctuary and "Nippon World Karaoke Grand Prix Cosplay"takes great pride in the fact that the fusion of Anime Songs and Karaoke is Japanese Culture.
Usually an international championship would mean many languages, but this time we have made the regulation that all participants must sing an Anime song in the original language, Japanese, in hopes to spread the Japanese culture of Karaoke and Cosplay around the world.
Fill out entry form & submit
The committee selects finalists
We will contact you to come
The final stage is on Aug 6th in Nagoya
||Saturday, August 6th, 2016
||World Cosplay Summit 2016 Oasis 21 Special Stage
Entry Period & Schedule
|Calling for Entry
||June 8th ~ July 18th
* WKG committee will judge the recording, and determine the finalists.
|Announcement of the finalist
WKG Judging Criteria
- LIVE DAM Seimitsu Saiten System (Detail Grading) System (100 points)
- Performance (The number of judges x points = 100 points)
The total of 200 points.
- Seimitsu Saiten will judge the song until the 2nd chorus of the song
- Performance will be graded based on how much the cosplayer can represents character, and impress & entertain the audience
- The most highest point holder will be awarded the Grand Prix, the 2nd holder will receive second prize. And there will be a special jury award.
Schedule of WKG
"NIPPON World Karaoke Grand Prix Cosplay 2016"
* The detail schedule will be given out to the finalists
* Finalists can stay and watch the World Cosplay Summit Championship 2016
* WKG Committee will provide accommodation to the finalists on Aug 5th to Aug 7th
Rules and Regulations
- Applicants must be from a country represented in the World Cosplay Summit and their native language cannot be Japanese. Although there is no restriction of the current residency, the applicants should be available to attend Grand Prix during the period that committee indicates.
- No group performances will be accepted.
- All songs must be a Japanese Anime, Tokusatsu, Vocaloid or a Game song.
* The majority of the lyrics must be in Japanese.
- Applicants must list 3 song options on their entry form. From these 3 songs, WKG Committee will choose 1 song for each applincant to sing.
(You may not be able to sing the 1st choice of the songs.)
- Hotel accommodations will be provided for finalists that live outside the Tokai area from August 5th to August 7th.
* Check-in afternoon of August 5th, 2016 / Check-out morning of August 7th.
* If you live oversea, the committee will NOT reimburse the international transportation fee to Japan.
- Finalists must sing your song IN THE COSPLAY of one of the chosen anime's characters.
- There will be a monitor on stage for the lyrics but will all be displayed in Japanese characters.
- Those who do not come at the designated meeting times will be subject to elimination from the grand prix.
I have read and agreed the rules and regulations and enter the competition.
(* Entry form will be opened from June 1st to July 18th.)